|Address:||Str. Frunzişului nr. 4, Cluj Napoca,|
The villa is open since january 2001 and offers 2 and 3 stars hotel and restaurant services. The hotel rooms are divided in two buildings at the same site, the restaurant is located in the main, 2 stars hotel, building.
We are situated in Cluj-Napoca, Manastur Neighbourhood (west side), in an area of housing and small workshops, close to the Manastur Cemetery. During work days there is some commotion, but in night time it is very quiet.
Our main customers are companies who have business in Cluj or are just passing thru. These are long term relationships, so the quality we provide is taken very seriously.
We are constantly making improvements in order to keep up with the increasing competition and the clients requirements.
We offer 2 and 3 stars hotel rooms and 3 stars restaurant services. The hotel rooms are divided in two buildings at the same site, the 3 stars Restaurant is located in the main, 2 stars hotel, building. The villa is open all year round.
The Villa does not have acommodation arrangements for pets. For this reason we do not allow pets inside.
Reception is always open 24/7/365(6). Please contact us for informations and reservations.
We offer monitored parking inside our property free of charge.
The hotel day starts at 14:00 on the day of arrival and ends at 12:00, the next day. For different arrangements please contact Reception ahead of time, for there might be overlapping with other clients and surcharges may apply.
Breakfast is swedish buffet style. It is served daily all year round, from Monday to Friday between 07:00-10:30 and Saturday-Sunday (including most national holidays) between 08:00-10:30. Breakfast is served only inside the restaurant. Smoking is not allowed.
Customers are requested to pay the rooms at check-in, with local currency (RON) or card (VISA,MAESTRO,MASTERCARD). Companies may choose to sign a contract with us, which offers them more flexibility for payment.
|TIP CAMERA||PERSOANE||TARIF||TARIF WEEKEND|
|Single ***||1||130130 LEI||115115 LEI|
|Double ***||2||165165 LEI||145145 LEI|
- !!! Weekend offer (Friday,Saturday, Sunday) !!!
- Double room - 145 RON
- Single room - 115 RON
The fortress and the Orthodox Church in Cluj - Manastur - Str. Manastur 60
At the western gates of Cluj, in old Romanian village Manastur once stood a powerful Benedictine abbey. The abbey monasterium known as BEATAE Mariae the Clus enjoy great rights and privileges. Archaeological research has established the beginnings of the fortress dates from the ninth century. Benedictine monks settled in towards the end of the eleventh century. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, after some dispute between the abbey and the Bishop of Transylvania, the monastery was besieged. Tartar invasion in 1241 resulted in the destruction of both Cluj and the monastery, which was pillaged and burned. The building was restored in 1263 by order of King Bela IV. The current monastery of Calvary was built between 1470-1508 in gothic style. Over time, the monastery enjoyed periods of prosperity, and periods of decline. In 1787, after the war with the Turks, Bishop Alexandru Rudna decided to demolish the buildings and the church; was not spared than the altar, which was turned into a chapel. From the artistic assets of the church, there remained only the statue of Virgin Mary with the baby Jesus, statue placed on a pedestal beneath a Gothic canopy right above the entrance door.
MICHAEL'S CHURCH - Unirii Square
The church is one of the most beautiful gothic monuments in Transylvania. The construction took place between 1350-1487. The church was built on the site of the old chapel of St. James. The shrine is the oldest part of the building being raised around 1390. The newest part of the church is its tower, built in 1860 in neoghotical style. Starry vault, stained glass and sculptures are the beauty and greatness of the church. Numerous restorations revealed mural paintings from the first half of the fifteenth century. The last restoration of the church took place between 1957-1960.
Franciscan monasteries and churches – Museum Market 2
The monastery was built on the site of another church built in Romanesque style between 1270-1272. Franciscan Monastery is a Gothic building, dating from the fifteenth century, was built with the support of John Hunyadi. Here we also find a famous library. The church, located in the southern part of the monastery was originally a Dominican gothic church, given to the Franciscans who rebuilt it in baroque style around the year 1728. Whole convent-church ensemble is one of the oldest buildings in Cluj.
REFORMED CHURCH - Str. MK
The construction of the church, located on the Kogalniceanu street, began in 1486, with the support of King Matthias Corvinus. The works were completed around the year 1510. The church, located on the east-west direction, reflects the late gothic style. Due the fighting in reform era, the church was deserted until the middle of the sixteenth century. In 1579, Prince Bathory decided that the church should be managed by the Jesuits. In 1622, when the Cluj Diet was held, has decided to belong to the Reformed church. The archway was restored between 1638-1645. Meanwhile, the tower located in the southern part and the monastery was destroyed. The church is a unique monument not only by age but also because of its size, it is one of the largest churches in South Eastern Europe.
Piarist Church - Str. University
The church, built between 1718-1724, is a baroque building with large size.
Obelisk Francis - Square Museum
The construction was completed in 1817 during a visit to Cluj of Emperor Francis I and his wife. Reliefs depict the city emblem, receiving guests, headlines King and visits to different institutions.
CHURCH OF MINORITIES - Boulevard of Heroes
The church was bought by Franciscan monks in the outskirts of Cluj in 1764. The church tower collapsed on Sept. 24, 1779, thus destroying the whole frontispiece. Reconstruction works started in 1783, the church was rebuilt in Baroque style.
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH HILL - Str. Orthodox Church 12
The church was built between 1795-1796 by the merchants and craftsmen of that time. The Greek and Macedonian merchants contributed to the construction of the church in Cluj, as well as Roman merchants of Brasov.
BOB CHURCH - Str. Prahova 5
The Bob church is a baroque building which was built between 1800-1803, with the support of Bishop John Bob.
UNITARIAN CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
It was built between 1792-1796, in late baroque style and the interior shows the neoclassical décor.
PETER AND PAUL CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
The church was built around 1850, in Gothic style, instead of a more ancient church.
Evangelical Church - Bd December 21, 1989
It is a work of architect George Winkler, was built between 1816 and 1829. The construction combines elements of baroque and neoclassical.
SYNAGOGUE - Str. Horea 21
This building, known as the Deportees Memorial Temple was built by architect Hegner Izidor. The building was inaugurated on September 4, 1887. Devastated by legionnaires in September 13, 1927, was repaired by the state. In September 1944, after the deportation of Jews to Nazi concentration camps, the synagogue was severely damaged by an explosion. It was restored with the support of Jewish communities in Romania in 1951.
Turda Gorges is a natural reservation since 1938 and it’s located at 33.9 kilometers from Cluj-Napoca, a distance that can be traveled by car in less than 40 minutes. Turda Gorges is included on UNESCO list, among the most important natural monument in the world. Here, archaeologists found remains of mammals of the Copper Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age.
For the nature enthusiasts who visit Cluj, the route Cluj – Turda Gorges can be a very nice way to spend a full day in the middle of beautiful nature scenery. From the city, the route follows the road DN60 to Turda. From here, it goes on DN1 (E81) immediately after leaving Turda towards Alba-Iulia. The route crosses the villages called Mihai Viteazu and Cheia, from where a paved road leads to the destination.
Turda Gorges is about 1270 m long and occurred as a result of eroding of river Hasdat in Jurassic limestone rock. The maximum height reached by the rocks is 250 m, offering tourists spectacular scenery.
Turda Gorges is located in North of Trascau Mountains, which are in the East side of Apuseni Mountains. This is just one of the other gorges of Trascau Mountains.
Turda Gorges’ points of interest are a number of almost 60 caves in the area, from which the longest one measures 120 m. These caves we used in the past as hiding places from the Tatar invasions. The most important caves are Bats Cave, Oven Cave, Calastur Cave, Big Castle Cave and Hill’s Cave.
Turda Gorges’ landscape consists of high and steep cliffs, rocky dales, sharp ridges, stone towers, arches etc. Flora and fauna of Cheile Turzii comprise over 1.000 species of plants and animals, some of them endangered. These include wild garlic, eagle rock, rock butterfly and many more.
The landscape is completed by Turda Gorges Cottage, located at 1385 m altitude. Built in 1935, the building has a medieval look that’s very attractive for tourists looking to feel closer to nature and history in this special area.
Turda Gorges, due to its beauty, can be included on the long list of Transylvania’s attractions that can be visited departing from Cluj-Napoca. Around this area, tourists can also choose to visit Turda Salt Mine, Potaissa Roman Camp or Felix Baths.
Is located at a distance of 30 km from Cluj-Napoca, in the village Bontida. Banffy Castle is a sight you should not miss it if you visit Cluj, or in transition to Dej. It'll be here starting the direction Cluj-Dej, then turn right in town Bontida.
The field was donated, as historians say, by King Sigismund of Luxembourg to Banffy family. On the land in this area, the family mentioned above began, around 1437, the building of the house which today is proof of that time. The construction of the castle spread over a period of about 100 years and underwent significant changes over time. The palace was built by the great aristocratic family in Transylvania, Banffy family.
To visit the Banffy you have to pay a fee of 2 RON/ person.
At the entrance there is a parking space for cars.
Read the full article about Castle Banffy – ClujTravel.com
National Theatre Cluj Napoca, Romania
The National Theatre Cluj is the leading theater in Transylvania and among the largest in the country. It was built between 1904-1906, its purpose being at the time to host the first theater of Cluj. The theater was inaugurated in 1906 by a representative of the Hungarian Theatre. The building was built in Baroque-Rococo style, and its capacity was one thousand and three rows of balcony seats. In 1919 the theater entered in the heritage of Roman Ruling Council. The same year he had his first show in romanian language in the building of the National Theatre in Cluj, on Romania's national day. In 1940 the theater took refuge in Timisoara, due Vienna Dictate.
There he remained until 1945, when he returned to Cluj led by Aurel Buteanu. The hall has a capacity of 928, which is designed in the style of Neo-Baroque. The Romanian Opera and the The '' Lucian Blaga '' National Theatre are hosted this time by the National Theatre building. Every two years the National Theatre Gala takes place here.
Address: No. 24 Stefan cel Mare Square
Official Site: www.teatrulnationalcluj.ro