Historic buildings
National Theatre Cluj Napoca, Romania


National Theatre Cluj Napoca, Romania

The National Theatre Cluj is the leading theater in Transylvania and among the largest in the country. It was built between 1904-1906, its purpose being at the time to host the first theater of Cluj. The theater was inaugurated in 1906 by a representative of the Hungarian Theatre. The building was built in Baroque-Rococo style, and its capacity was one thousand and three rows of balcony seats. In 1919 the theater entered in the heritage of Roman Ruling Council. The same year he had his first show in romanian language in the building of the National Theatre in Cluj, on Romania's national day. In 1940 the theater took refuge in Timisoara, due Vienna Dictate.

There he remained until 1945, when he returned to Cluj led by Aurel Buteanu. The hall has a capacity of 928, which is designed in the style of Neo-Baroque. The Romanian Opera and the The '' Lucian Blaga '' National Theatre are hosted this time by the National Theatre building. Every two years the National Theatre Gala takes place here.


Address: No. 24 Stefan cel Mare Square
Contact:
Phone: 0264592826
E-mail: contact@teatrul-lucian-blaga.ro
Official Site: www.teatrulnationalcluj.ro

ysql_free_result($poze_obiective); ?>