Hotels
Transilvania

Address: Str. Regele Ferdinand, nr. 20, Cluj Napoca
Contact: Hotel in Centrul orasului Cluj Napoca
Phfone: 0264594429
Mobile phone: 0732405543
 






Transylvania Hotel ***, located "in the belly fair, close to public institutions, administrative, and the historical, cultural and religious, offers: rooms equipped with wireless Internet and LAN, telephone, television, furniture Again, minibar, fully renovated bathrooms.

Besides the excellent positioning of the hotel has a further advantage is its own parking with video surveillance.

Transylvania Hotel *** has an 30-seat restaurant, summer terrace with 76 seats, which offer delicious dishes to tourists and international Transylvanian cuisine.

Hotel conference room has a capacity of 20 seats and is equipped with new furniture, flipchart, projector, wireless internet and cable. It is ideal for training, interviews, presentations, meetings. All actions can be followed by coffee-brake, organized meals, cocktails. Accommodation: 28 rooms for 47 persons in 8 single rooms 16 double rooms 2 apartments 2 suites

Locating:

Our hotel is located in the center, on Str. King Ferdinand, No.20, near the Central Store, 2 minutes from the main tourist attractions in the city of Cluj-Napoca.

Website Propriu: http://www.hoteltransilvaniacluj.ro/

Facilities - Services: Telephone Minibar new furniture and wireless Internet Cable TV Bathrooms completely renovated parking with video surveillance (10 cars) 30-seat restaurant terrace with 76 seats conference hall with 20 seats, equipped with flip chart , projector, wireless internet and cable Organizing training sessions, interviews, presentations, meetings

TARIFE
TIP CAMERA PERSOANE       TARIF       TARIF WEEKEND
Single ** 1 170170 LEI 170170 LEI
Single *** 1 190190 LEI 190190 LEI
Twin standard 2 210210 LEI 210210 LEI
Twin Superior 2 230230 LEI 230230 LEI
Junior suite 2 250250 LEI 250250 LEI
Apartment 2 270270 LEI 270270 LEI
Afiseaza tarifele in: LEI USD EUR

Churches in Cluj Napoca

The fortress and the Orthodox Church in Cluj - Manastur - Str. Manastur 60
At the western gates of Cluj, in old Romanian village Manastur once stood a powerful Benedictine abbey. The abbey monasterium known as BEATAE Mariae the Clus enjoy great rights and privileges. Archaeological research has established the beginnings of the fortress dates from the ninth century. Benedictine monks settled in towards the end of the eleventh century. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, after some dispute between the abbey and the Bishop of Transylvania, the monastery was besieged. Tartar invasion in 1241 resulted in the destruction of both Cluj and the monastery, which was pillaged and burned. The building was restored in 1263 by order of King Bela IV. The current monastery of Calvary was built between 1470-1508 in gothic style. Over time, the monastery enjoyed periods of prosperity, and periods of decline. In 1787, after the war with the Turks, Bishop Alexandru Rudna decided to demolish the buildings and the church; was not spared than the altar, which was turned into a chapel. From the artistic assets of the church, there remained only the statue of Virgin Mary with the baby Jesus, statue placed on a pedestal beneath a Gothic canopy right above the entrance door.


MICHAEL'S CHURCH - Unirii Square
The church is one of the most beautiful gothic monuments in Transylvania. The construction took place between 1350-1487. The church was built on the site of the old chapel of St. James. The shrine is the oldest part of the building being raised around 1390. The newest part of the church is its tower, built in 1860 in neoghotical style. Starry vault, stained glass and sculptures are the beauty and greatness of the church. Numerous restorations revealed mural paintings from the first half of the fifteenth century. The last restoration of the church took place between 1957-1960.


Franciscan monasteries and churches – Museum Market 2
The monastery was built on the site of another church built in Romanesque style between 1270-1272. Franciscan Monastery is a Gothic building, dating from the fifteenth century, was built with the support of John Hunyadi. Here we also find a famous library. The church, located in the southern part of the monastery was originally a Dominican gothic church, given to the Franciscans who rebuilt it in baroque style around the year 1728. Whole convent-church ensemble is one of the oldest buildings in Cluj.


REFORMED CHURCH - Str. MK
The construction of the church, located on the Kogalniceanu street, began in 1486, with the support of King Matthias Corvinus. The works were completed around the year 1510. The church, located on the east-west direction, reflects the late gothic style. Due the fighting in reform era, the church was deserted until the middle of the sixteenth century. In 1579, Prince Bathory decided that the church should be managed by the Jesuits. In 1622, when the Cluj Diet was held, has decided to belong to the Reformed church. The archway was restored between 1638-1645. Meanwhile, the tower located in the southern part and the monastery was destroyed. The church is a unique monument not only by age but also because of its size, it is one of the largest churches in South Eastern Europe.


Piarist Church - Str. University
The church, built between 1718-1724, is a baroque building with large size.


Obelisk Francis - Square Museum
The construction was completed in 1817 during a visit to Cluj of Emperor Francis I and his wife. Reliefs depict the city emblem, receiving guests, headlines King and visits to different institutions.


CHURCH OF MINORITIES - Boulevard of Heroes
The church was bought by Franciscan monks in the outskirts of Cluj in 1764. The church tower collapsed on Sept. 24, 1779, thus destroying the whole frontispiece. Reconstruction works started in 1783, the church was rebuilt in Baroque style.


THE ORTHODOX CHURCH HILL - Str. Orthodox Church 12
The church was built between 1795-1796 by the merchants and craftsmen of that time. The Greek and Macedonian merchants contributed to the construction of the church in Cluj, as well as Roman merchants of Brasov.


BOB CHURCH - Str. Prahova 5
The Bob church is a baroque building which was built between 1800-1803, with the support of Bishop John Bob.


UNITARIAN CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
It was built between 1792-1796, in late baroque style and the interior shows the neoclassical décor.


PETER AND PAUL CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
The church was built around 1850, in Gothic style, instead of a more ancient church.


Evangelical Church - Bd December 21, 1989
It is a work of architect George Winkler, was built between 1816 and 1829. The construction combines elements of baroque and neoclassical.


SYNAGOGUE - Str. Horea 21
This building, known as the Deportees Memorial Temple was built by architect Hegner Izidor. The building was inaugurated on September 4, 1887. Devastated by legionnaires in September 13, 1927, was repaired by the state. In September 1944, after the deportation of Jews to Nazi concentration camps, the synagogue was severely damaged by an explosion. It was restored with the support of Jewish communities in Romania in 1951.

more details

Orthodox Cathedral in downtown Cluj Napoca

Orthodox Cathedral in downtown Cluj Napoca
It is located on Avram Iancu Square at no. 18, the Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral is an imposing building in downtown Cluj Napoca, being surrounded by old buildings being important architecturally and historically. tThese include: building of Cluj County Council, CFR Cluj, building of Archdiocese of Vad, Feleac and Cluj, building of Finance and the Treasury of Cluj, Cluj Court building, the National Theatre with the Romanian Opera.

History
It was built during the years 1923-1933, by architect George Constantin Pomponiu Cristinel, joining the current Romanian style. It is one of the main religious buildings in Cluj-Napoca.

Visits are recommended between 12.00 - 18.00 because every day between 08.00 - 12.00 and 18.00 - 20.00 here are hold religious services.

More on Orthodox Cathedral on ClujTravel.com

more details

Square Avram Iancu

Avram Iancu Square

The Avram Iancu Square is one of the most beautiful old markets of Cluj Napoca. The market is filled with history and culture, located in the center of the city.

more details

Trip: Cluj Napoca – Turda Gorges Route, Romania

Turda Gorges is a natural reservation since 1938 and it’s located at 33.9 kilometers from Cluj-Napoca, a distance that can be traveled by car in less than 40 minutes. Turda Gorges is included on UNESCO list, among the most important natural monument in the world. Here, archaeologists found remains of mammals of the Copper Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age.


For the nature enthusiasts who visit Cluj, the route Cluj – Turda Gorges can be a very nice way to spend a full day in the middle of beautiful nature scenery. From the city, the route follows the road DN60 to Turda. From here, it goes on DN1 (E81) immediately after leaving Turda towards Alba-Iulia. The route crosses the villages called Mihai Viteazu and Cheia, from where a paved road leads to the destination.


Turda Gorges is about 1270 m long and occurred as a result of eroding of river Hasdat in Jurassic limestone rock. The maximum height reached by the rocks is 250 m, offering tourists spectacular scenery.


Turda Gorges is located in North of Trascau Mountains, which are in the East side of Apuseni Mountains. This is just one of the other gorges of Trascau Mountains.


Turda Gorges’ points of interest are a number of almost 60 caves in the area, from which the longest one measures 120 m. These caves we used in the past as hiding places from the Tatar invasions. The most important caves are Bats Cave, Oven Cave, Calastur Cave, Big Castle Cave and Hill’s Cave.


Turda Gorges’ landscape consists of high and steep cliffs, rocky dales, sharp ridges, stone towers, arches etc. Flora and fauna of Cheile Turzii comprise over 1.000 species of plants and animals, some of them endangered. These include wild garlic, eagle rock, rock butterfly and many more.


The landscape is completed by Turda Gorges Cottage, located at 1385 m altitude. Built in 1935, the building has a medieval look that’s very attractive for tourists looking to feel closer to nature and history in this special area.


Turda Gorges, due to its beauty, can be included on the long list of Transylvania’s attractions that can be visited departing from Cluj-Napoca. Around this area, tourists can also choose to visit Turda Salt Mine, Potaissa Roman Camp or Felix Baths.


Source: ClujTravel.com
more details