|Address:||Str. Liviu Rebreanu nr.39, 400446 Cluj-Napoca|
Royal Classic is the newest hotel in Cluj-Napoca, opening its gates in April 2010 and is rated at three stars. The hotel meets the requirements of European quality and is equipped with the latest utilities to provide facilities for both business and leisure events as well.
All the 55 rooms, including suites, are modern equipped and features air conditioning, working desk, minibar, LCD televisions, wireless or cable internet, international telephone and voicemail, ambient music, private bathroom, hair dryer Support for the shaver.
The reception is available a business center with free high-performance computers.
For those who wish to organize business meetings and private discussions, two luxury apartments can be made available, with all necessary facilities. Two floors of the hotel are non smoking and two smoking area. Accommodation is at 14:00 and teaching rooms until 12:00.
Royal Classic Hotel is located 10 minutes away from Cluj-Napoca International Airport. All major attractions downtown, theaters and museums are 15 minutes away.
The rooms are equipped with all necessary facilities:
* Modern Furniture
* Full scale LCD television programs
* Hair dryer
* International direct dial telephone and voicemail
* Free Wireless Internet
* air conditioning
* Door card
* Room Service
The fortress and the Orthodox Church in Cluj - Manastur - Str. Manastur 60
At the western gates of Cluj, in old Romanian village Manastur once stood a powerful Benedictine abbey. The abbey monasterium known as BEATAE Mariae the Clus enjoy great rights and privileges. Archaeological research has established the beginnings of the fortress dates from the ninth century. Benedictine monks settled in towards the end of the eleventh century. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, after some dispute between the abbey and the Bishop of Transylvania, the monastery was besieged. Tartar invasion in 1241 resulted in the destruction of both Cluj and the monastery, which was pillaged and burned. The building was restored in 1263 by order of King Bela IV. The current monastery of Calvary was built between 1470-1508 in gothic style. Over time, the monastery enjoyed periods of prosperity, and periods of decline. In 1787, after the war with the Turks, Bishop Alexandru Rudna decided to demolish the buildings and the church; was not spared than the altar, which was turned into a chapel. From the artistic assets of the church, there remained only the statue of Virgin Mary with the baby Jesus, statue placed on a pedestal beneath a Gothic canopy right above the entrance door.
MICHAEL'S CHURCH - Unirii Square
The church is one of the most beautiful gothic monuments in Transylvania. The construction took place between 1350-1487. The church was built on the site of the old chapel of St. James. The shrine is the oldest part of the building being raised around 1390. The newest part of the church is its tower, built in 1860 in neoghotical style. Starry vault, stained glass and sculptures are the beauty and greatness of the church. Numerous restorations revealed mural paintings from the first half of the fifteenth century. The last restoration of the church took place between 1957-1960.
Franciscan monasteries and churches – Museum Market 2
The monastery was built on the site of another church built in Romanesque style between 1270-1272. Franciscan Monastery is a Gothic building, dating from the fifteenth century, was built with the support of John Hunyadi. Here we also find a famous library. The church, located in the southern part of the monastery was originally a Dominican gothic church, given to the Franciscans who rebuilt it in baroque style around the year 1728. Whole convent-church ensemble is one of the oldest buildings in Cluj.
REFORMED CHURCH - Str. MK
The construction of the church, located on the Kogalniceanu street, began in 1486, with the support of King Matthias Corvinus. The works were completed around the year 1510. The church, located on the east-west direction, reflects the late gothic style. Due the fighting in reform era, the church was deserted until the middle of the sixteenth century. In 1579, Prince Bathory decided that the church should be managed by the Jesuits. In 1622, when the Cluj Diet was held, has decided to belong to the Reformed church. The archway was restored between 1638-1645. Meanwhile, the tower located in the southern part and the monastery was destroyed. The church is a unique monument not only by age but also because of its size, it is one of the largest churches in South Eastern Europe.
Piarist Church - Str. University
The church, built between 1718-1724, is a baroque building with large size.
Obelisk Francis - Square Museum
The construction was completed in 1817 during a visit to Cluj of Emperor Francis I and his wife. Reliefs depict the city emblem, receiving guests, headlines King and visits to different institutions.
CHURCH OF MINORITIES - Boulevard of Heroes
The church was bought by Franciscan monks in the outskirts of Cluj in 1764. The church tower collapsed on Sept. 24, 1779, thus destroying the whole frontispiece. Reconstruction works started in 1783, the church was rebuilt in Baroque style.
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH HILL - Str. Orthodox Church 12
The church was built between 1795-1796 by the merchants and craftsmen of that time. The Greek and Macedonian merchants contributed to the construction of the church in Cluj, as well as Roman merchants of Brasov.
BOB CHURCH - Str. Prahova 5
The Bob church is a baroque building which was built between 1800-1803, with the support of Bishop John Bob.
UNITARIAN CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
It was built between 1792-1796, in late baroque style and the interior shows the neoclassical décor.
PETER AND PAUL CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
The church was built around 1850, in Gothic style, instead of a more ancient church.
Evangelical Church - Bd December 21, 1989
It is a work of architect George Winkler, was built between 1816 and 1829. The construction combines elements of baroque and neoclassical.
SYNAGOGUE - Str. Horea 21
This building, known as the Deportees Memorial Temple was built by architect Hegner Izidor. The building was inaugurated on September 4, 1887. Devastated by legionnaires in September 13, 1927, was repaired by the state. In September 1944, after the deportation of Jews to Nazi concentration camps, the synagogue was severely damaged by an explosion. It was restored with the support of Jewish communities in Romania in 1951.
Lake Chios in Cluj Napoca
After a walk in the park, the banks of the Chios lakeside are ideal to rest and admire the small island in its center, the wild ducks - which for years the lake is their home, or the moving boats and pedalos that slowly shine on the water.
In summer you can rent a boat or a pedal for a ride on the lake
The Ethnographic Museum - Str. Memorandum 21.
It was founded on June 16, 1922, one of the main museums of our country. The museum has a collection of over 65,000 pieces. Exhibits are organized strictly in a modern design, offering visitors a realistic depiction of material and spiritual culture of the population of Transylvania. In this building took place between 1894-1895 the famous Trial Memorandum, which were written in all European newspapers of the time.
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF HISTORY OF TRANSYLVANIA - Ctin Daicoviciu Street 2
It was founded on November 23, 1859, composed of a rich heritage of 336.130 pieces depicting the history of Transylvania. Here is presented a metallic object found in Aiud in 1973, whose age has been established as minimum 3000 years.
MUSEUM Emil Isac - Str. Emil Isac
It was founded in 1955, a year after his death. Located on the street that bears his name, the museum works in the house inhabited by Isaac family since 1895. The museum includes three rooms. First exposed documents on the life and work of the poet, the second being dedicated to his father Dr. Aurel Isac, lawyer, is the room of the poet, preserved exactly. In this room is an impressive library with about 1700 books in different languages, many of them autographed by the authors
Alexandru Borza Botanical Garden in Cluj-Napoca
One of the most visited attractions of Cluj Napoca is the Botanical Garden "Alexandru Borza" the "green spot" of Cluj, about 14 acres, close to the old city center.
We recommend to visit this place because you will be find nature, in the heart of Cluj. Here you have the opportunity to see species of plants and trees of specific areas to palm trees and other tropical plants. It is an ideal place for walking and recreation.
The visit is made between:
Summer: Daily - 8-19 hours,
Greenhouses - 9-17
Botanical Garden in Cluj Napoca is located on Republic Street no. 42, on left by the building "Student House of Culture" at the intersection with the street Napoca. To reach the main entrance, Republic Street, climb about 500 m, is located relatively close to the old city center and is easy to get here.
There is another back entrance of Louis Pasteur Street, but is less used because it is more difficult to access.
Read the full article on Botanical Garden in Cluj – ClujTravel.com