|Address:||Str. Corneliu Coposu, nr. 172, Cluj Napoca|
|Contact:||Cazare Cluj Napoca ---- Pensiunea Selin|
Selin Hostel offers to its clients a restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also 15 single and double rooms.
The rooms are designed according to the most modern standards. Each room has TV, internet access, bathroom, hot water non-stop, heating.
The modern design, the pleasant atmosphere and the quality of our services offer the necessary comfort to your accommodation.
Selin Accommodation is located in the Zalau s route, near the Rail Station. It is also accessible from the Oradea s route.
From anly a couple of meters from the Ethnographic Parc Romulus Vuia
The Selin Accommodation is at only 5 minutes from the CFR Stadium, 7 minutes from the Ion Moinea Stadium (Cluj University), 15 minutes from the Expo Transilvania and 10 minutes from the Polus Center Cluj
- conference room
- washing Cars
- supervised parking
- TV in each room
- room service
|TIP CAMERA||PERSOANE||TARIF||TARIF WEEKEND|
|Single ***||1||100100 LEI||100100 LEI|
|Double ***||2||120120 LEI||120120 LEI|
|Matrimonial ***||2||120120 LEI||120120 LEI|
The fortress and the Orthodox Church in Cluj - Manastur - Str. Manastur 60
At the western gates of Cluj, in old Romanian village Manastur once stood a powerful Benedictine abbey. The abbey monasterium known as BEATAE Mariae the Clus enjoy great rights and privileges. Archaeological research has established the beginnings of the fortress dates from the ninth century. Benedictine monks settled in towards the end of the eleventh century. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, after some dispute between the abbey and the Bishop of Transylvania, the monastery was besieged. Tartar invasion in 1241 resulted in the destruction of both Cluj and the monastery, which was pillaged and burned. The building was restored in 1263 by order of King Bela IV. The current monastery of Calvary was built between 1470-1508 in gothic style. Over time, the monastery enjoyed periods of prosperity, and periods of decline. In 1787, after the war with the Turks, Bishop Alexandru Rudna decided to demolish the buildings and the church; was not spared than the altar, which was turned into a chapel. From the artistic assets of the church, there remained only the statue of Virgin Mary with the baby Jesus, statue placed on a pedestal beneath a Gothic canopy right above the entrance door.
MICHAEL'S CHURCH - Unirii Square
The church is one of the most beautiful gothic monuments in Transylvania. The construction took place between 1350-1487. The church was built on the site of the old chapel of St. James. The shrine is the oldest part of the building being raised around 1390. The newest part of the church is its tower, built in 1860 in neoghotical style. Starry vault, stained glass and sculptures are the beauty and greatness of the church. Numerous restorations revealed mural paintings from the first half of the fifteenth century. The last restoration of the church took place between 1957-1960.
Franciscan monasteries and churches – Museum Market 2
The monastery was built on the site of another church built in Romanesque style between 1270-1272. Franciscan Monastery is a Gothic building, dating from the fifteenth century, was built with the support of John Hunyadi. Here we also find a famous library. The church, located in the southern part of the monastery was originally a Dominican gothic church, given to the Franciscans who rebuilt it in baroque style around the year 1728. Whole convent-church ensemble is one of the oldest buildings in Cluj.
REFORMED CHURCH - Str. MK
The construction of the church, located on the Kogalniceanu street, began in 1486, with the support of King Matthias Corvinus. The works were completed around the year 1510. The church, located on the east-west direction, reflects the late gothic style. Due the fighting in reform era, the church was deserted until the middle of the sixteenth century. In 1579, Prince Bathory decided that the church should be managed by the Jesuits. In 1622, when the Cluj Diet was held, has decided to belong to the Reformed church. The archway was restored between 1638-1645. Meanwhile, the tower located in the southern part and the monastery was destroyed. The church is a unique monument not only by age but also because of its size, it is one of the largest churches in South Eastern Europe.
Piarist Church - Str. University
The church, built between 1718-1724, is a baroque building with large size.
Obelisk Francis - Square Museum
The construction was completed in 1817 during a visit to Cluj of Emperor Francis I and his wife. Reliefs depict the city emblem, receiving guests, headlines King and visits to different institutions.
CHURCH OF MINORITIES - Boulevard of Heroes
The church was bought by Franciscan monks in the outskirts of Cluj in 1764. The church tower collapsed on Sept. 24, 1779, thus destroying the whole frontispiece. Reconstruction works started in 1783, the church was rebuilt in Baroque style.
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH HILL - Str. Orthodox Church 12
The church was built between 1795-1796 by the merchants and craftsmen of that time. The Greek and Macedonian merchants contributed to the construction of the church in Cluj, as well as Roman merchants of Brasov.
BOB CHURCH - Str. Prahova 5
The Bob church is a baroque building which was built between 1800-1803, with the support of Bishop John Bob.
UNITARIAN CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
It was built between 1792-1796, in late baroque style and the interior shows the neoclassical décor.
PETER AND PAUL CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
The church was built around 1850, in Gothic style, instead of a more ancient church.
Evangelical Church - Bd December 21, 1989
It is a work of architect George Winkler, was built between 1816 and 1829. The construction combines elements of baroque and neoclassical.
SYNAGOGUE - Str. Horea 21
This building, known as the Deportees Memorial Temple was built by architect Hegner Izidor. The building was inaugurated on September 4, 1887. Devastated by legionnaires in September 13, 1927, was repaired by the state. In September 1944, after the deportation of Jews to Nazi concentration camps, the synagogue was severely damaged by an explosion. It was restored with the support of Jewish communities in Romania in 1951.
Pedestrian route through the center of Cluj
The route follows to go through the most important historic squares in downtown Cluj Napoca by step. Routing is around 2h, varies depending on how long you spend at each landmark.
Departure is from the entry of Horea street, at Michael the Brave Square, where you can enjoy two palaces on sides: ob right the Szeky Palace and the Bobas Palace on left. Forward trough the square to see the imposing statue of Michael the Brave surrounded by green space. It is also surrounded by old buildings with different architecture depending on the periods in which they were built each. In the background you can see an inevitable massive building, the Piersic Cinema. Then you continue to Avram Iancu Square, then Stefan Cel Mare Square, then Eroilor street, then Union Square, then Museum Square and then you came back to Michael the Brave.
See more information on pedestrian route "Old Markets from Cluj Center" website ClujTravel.com
Karolina obelisk - monument secular Cluj Napoca
Karolina obelisk is the oldest secular monument of Cluj Napoca.
The obelisk is in the center of the Museum Square pedestrian zone. Surrounded by a medieval landscape, old buildings, terraces and imposing trees, the monument was erected after the visit of Emperor Francis I and Empress Augusta Carolina in the summer of 1817.
Museum of Art - Palace Banffy - Cluj Napoca
Art Museum located in the building Banffy Palace in the old center of Cluj Napoca, in Union Square at no. 30, between the Melody hotel building and Twin Buildings on Maniu street corner.
It was founded in 1951 and since 1956 works in Bánffy Palace, the largest baroque building in Cluj-Napoca. The building was built as the residence of the governor of Transylvania - György Bánffy in the period 1774 - 1785 based on the plans of architect JE Blaumann. Stone architectural decoration was completed with a series of great sculptures in terms of art, made by Anton Schuchbauer.
Art Museum of Cluj Napoca is open
- Wednesday to Sunday from 10.00 - 17.00
- Monday and Tuesday public access is prohibited (the museum is closed)
Read full article Art Museum of Cluj - ClujTravel.com