|Address:||Str.Gh.Marinescu Nr.9, Cluj Napoca|
|Phfone:||0740-00 45 34|
Pension Popan has 26 beds. Rooms are single or double rooms with single or double beds. You can also opt for extra beds.
Clean heat and ensure a pleasant stay in Cluj and desire to return.
Located downtown, near the major clinics in Cluj Botanical Garden, the historic center, Hotel Popan allows you the comfort, modern and tasteful design is the right place for your convenience
Oncological Institute "Ion Chiricuţă" - 200 m
Neurosurgery, neurology, psychiatry - 100 m
TB Hospital - 100 m
Botanical Garden - 200 m
Student s Culture House - 350 m
Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy - 150 m
Faculty of Law - 500 m
Department of Geography, Biology, Psychology - 300 m
Central University Library - 300 m
Cluj Napoca City Hall - 400 m
Historical center - 400 m
Complex student Hasdeu - 20 m
Website Propriu: pensiuneapopan.ro
FEATURES - FEATURES:
lounge for smokers
refrigerator in room
bathrooms with shower and hair dryer
extra bed option
safe at reception
keep announcing lost objects and clients
if necessary, we provide maps and shadows
No smoking in rooms, but you have the option to use the smoking. specially arranged.
|TIP CAMERA||PERSOANE||TARIF||TARIF WEEKEND|
|Room Single||1||120120 LEI||120120 LEI|
|Room Double||2||130130 LEI||130130 LEI|
|Double Matrimonial||2||130130 LEI||130130 LEI|
|Triple Room||3||180180 LEI||180180 LEI|
|Extra bed||1||4040 LEI||4040 LEI|
|Breakfast||1||2020 LEI||2020 LEI|
Restaurant room that can adapt to
Conference room with 20 seats for our visitors.
Turda Gorges is a natural reservation since 1938 and it’s located at 33.9 kilometers from Cluj-Napoca, a distance that can be traveled by car in less than 40 minutes. Turda Gorges is included on UNESCO list, among the most important natural monument in the world. Here, archaeologists found remains of mammals of the Copper Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age.
For the nature enthusiasts who visit Cluj, the route Cluj – Turda Gorges can be a very nice way to spend a full day in the middle of beautiful nature scenery. From the city, the route follows the road DN60 to Turda. From here, it goes on DN1 (E81) immediately after leaving Turda towards Alba-Iulia. The route crosses the villages called Mihai Viteazu and Cheia, from where a paved road leads to the destination.
Turda Gorges is about 1270 m long and occurred as a result of eroding of river Hasdat in Jurassic limestone rock. The maximum height reached by the rocks is 250 m, offering tourists spectacular scenery.
Turda Gorges is located in North of Trascau Mountains, which are in the East side of Apuseni Mountains. This is just one of the other gorges of Trascau Mountains.
Turda Gorges’ points of interest are a number of almost 60 caves in the area, from which the longest one measures 120 m. These caves we used in the past as hiding places from the Tatar invasions. The most important caves are Bats Cave, Oven Cave, Calastur Cave, Big Castle Cave and Hill’s Cave.
Turda Gorges’ landscape consists of high and steep cliffs, rocky dales, sharp ridges, stone towers, arches etc. Flora and fauna of Cheile Turzii comprise over 1.000 species of plants and animals, some of them endangered. These include wild garlic, eagle rock, rock butterfly and many more.
The landscape is completed by Turda Gorges Cottage, located at 1385 m altitude. Built in 1935, the building has a medieval look that’s very attractive for tourists looking to feel closer to nature and history in this special area.
Turda Gorges, due to its beauty, can be included on the long list of Transylvania’s attractions that can be visited departing from Cluj-Napoca. Around this area, tourists can also choose to visit Turda Salt Mine, Potaissa Roman Camp or Felix Baths.
The fortress and the Orthodox Church in Cluj - Manastur - Str. Manastur 60
At the western gates of Cluj, in old Romanian village Manastur once stood a powerful Benedictine abbey. The abbey monasterium known as BEATAE Mariae the Clus enjoy great rights and privileges. Archaeological research has established the beginnings of the fortress dates from the ninth century. Benedictine monks settled in towards the end of the eleventh century. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, after some dispute between the abbey and the Bishop of Transylvania, the monastery was besieged. Tartar invasion in 1241 resulted in the destruction of both Cluj and the monastery, which was pillaged and burned. The building was restored in 1263 by order of King Bela IV. The current monastery of Calvary was built between 1470-1508 in gothic style. Over time, the monastery enjoyed periods of prosperity, and periods of decline. In 1787, after the war with the Turks, Bishop Alexandru Rudna decided to demolish the buildings and the church; was not spared than the altar, which was turned into a chapel. From the artistic assets of the church, there remained only the statue of Virgin Mary with the baby Jesus, statue placed on a pedestal beneath a Gothic canopy right above the entrance door.
MICHAEL'S CHURCH - Unirii Square
The church is one of the most beautiful gothic monuments in Transylvania. The construction took place between 1350-1487. The church was built on the site of the old chapel of St. James. The shrine is the oldest part of the building being raised around 1390. The newest part of the church is its tower, built in 1860 in neoghotical style. Starry vault, stained glass and sculptures are the beauty and greatness of the church. Numerous restorations revealed mural paintings from the first half of the fifteenth century. The last restoration of the church took place between 1957-1960.
Franciscan monasteries and churches – Museum Market 2
The monastery was built on the site of another church built in Romanesque style between 1270-1272. Franciscan Monastery is a Gothic building, dating from the fifteenth century, was built with the support of John Hunyadi. Here we also find a famous library. The church, located in the southern part of the monastery was originally a Dominican gothic church, given to the Franciscans who rebuilt it in baroque style around the year 1728. Whole convent-church ensemble is one of the oldest buildings in Cluj.
REFORMED CHURCH - Str. MK
The construction of the church, located on the Kogalniceanu street, began in 1486, with the support of King Matthias Corvinus. The works were completed around the year 1510. The church, located on the east-west direction, reflects the late gothic style. Due the fighting in reform era, the church was deserted until the middle of the sixteenth century. In 1579, Prince Bathory decided that the church should be managed by the Jesuits. In 1622, when the Cluj Diet was held, has decided to belong to the Reformed church. The archway was restored between 1638-1645. Meanwhile, the tower located in the southern part and the monastery was destroyed. The church is a unique monument not only by age but also because of its size, it is one of the largest churches in South Eastern Europe.
Piarist Church - Str. University
The church, built between 1718-1724, is a baroque building with large size.
Obelisk Francis - Square Museum
The construction was completed in 1817 during a visit to Cluj of Emperor Francis I and his wife. Reliefs depict the city emblem, receiving guests, headlines King and visits to different institutions.
CHURCH OF MINORITIES - Boulevard of Heroes
The church was bought by Franciscan monks in the outskirts of Cluj in 1764. The church tower collapsed on Sept. 24, 1779, thus destroying the whole frontispiece. Reconstruction works started in 1783, the church was rebuilt in Baroque style.
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH HILL - Str. Orthodox Church 12
The church was built between 1795-1796 by the merchants and craftsmen of that time. The Greek and Macedonian merchants contributed to the construction of the church in Cluj, as well as Roman merchants of Brasov.
BOB CHURCH - Str. Prahova 5
The Bob church is a baroque building which was built between 1800-1803, with the support of Bishop John Bob.
UNITARIAN CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
It was built between 1792-1796, in late baroque style and the interior shows the neoclassical décor.
PETER AND PAUL CHURCH - Boulevard December 21, 1989
The church was built around 1850, in Gothic style, instead of a more ancient church.
Evangelical Church - Bd December 21, 1989
It is a work of architect George Winkler, was built between 1816 and 1829. The construction combines elements of baroque and neoclassical.
SYNAGOGUE - Str. Horea 21
This building, known as the Deportees Memorial Temple was built by architect Hegner Izidor. The building was inaugurated on September 4, 1887. Devastated by legionnaires in September 13, 1927, was repaired by the state. In September 1944, after the deportation of Jews to Nazi concentration camps, the synagogue was severely damaged by an explosion. It was restored with the support of Jewish communities in Romania in 1951.
With a length of approximately 900 m, the Central Park "Simion Barnutiu" from Cluj Napoca is an important place in terms of recreation in the city.
Being located in downtown, Central Park "Simion Barnutiu" is easily identified and reachable. It is located on the edge of Somes Mic, betwen Independence street and Cardinal Julius Hossu street.
Here you will find from flowers and greenery, to:
- Paths that cross the park with benches on the sidelines,
- Statues and monuments (statues of Liviu Rebreanu and George Coşbuc)
- Floodlit basketball court and other free fitness equipments,
- A fountain surrounded by benches and access roads,
- On the Chios Lake you can make summer boating and in winter when its freez it is ideal for skating,
- On the sideline of the lake there is a restaurant, where in summer you can stay on the open terrace,
- Specially designed children's park with swings, slides and other spaces for them.
Learn more about Central Park in Cluj – ClujTravel.com
Mathias Memorial House
About Matei Corvin House-Cluj Napoca